Let's start off with the things I don’t know about you:
- I don’t know what your job is, or where you live.
- I don’t know what kind of clothes you wear, or where you like to shop.
- I don’t know what your favorite restaurant is, or what kind of car you drive.
- I don’t know if your vacations are spent in the south of France or South of the Border.
And I don’t care.
Don't get me wrong! I could spend all day talking about food or fawning over pictures of your wedding dress or last summer's vacation. In fact, I absolutely love spending time over coffee getting to know those things. But in the end, I also know that's all they are-- things. And I know that those things don’t define who you are.
People who want me to be their photographer wear all kinds of different outfits to all manners of different jobs. They all have different favorite restaurants, and drive vastly different kinds of cars to get there. And I love hearing about all of them. But their true similarities are in what they believe.
Because what we believe has a funny way of becoming who we are.
Since starting my journey in photography, I’ve been (unfairly) blessed to work with some amazing souls. And they’ve given me the opportunity to learn about the kinds of people I hope I always continue to work with. Those people are united in some very important beliefs. So if you’ve made it this far, I’m confident I know a few things about you:
- You believe we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves.
- You believe that your family and friends are the most precious people in your life.
- You believe in photography as a way to preserve memories, and you want to celebrate your life and your family in images that last a lifetime.
- You believe in living every day like it's an adventure.
Because that’s just who you are.